Saturday, July 7, 2012

What I listen to as I Write

  Howdy all!

  I've mentioned on here before how music influences our writing. So, I'd thought I'd share with you guys my basic playlist for the book I am currently editing Manipulated. They each pertain to my book in a certain way, whether it's the meaning, or I just thought the tune fit.

1.   Snow Patrol- "Set Fire To The Third Bar"
 I find the map and draw a straight line
Over rivers, farms, and state lines
The distance from 'A' to where you'd be
It's only finger-lengths that I see
I touch the place where I'd find your face
My finger in creases of distant dark places

2.   Superchick- "Stand In The Rain"
She never slows down.
She doesn't know why but she knows that when she's all alone, feels like its all coming down
She won't turn around
The shadows are long and she fears if she cries that first tear, the tears will not stop raining down

3.   Athlete- "Rubik's Cube"
The world is too heavy,
Too big for my shoulders,
Come take the weight off me, now.
Thousands of answers,
To one simple question,
Come take the weight off me, now.

4.   Florence and the Machine- "Breath of Life"  
 I was looking for a breath of life
For a little touch of heavenly light
But all the choirs in my head say, no oh oh

5.   Florence and the Machine- "Cosmic Love"
A falling star fell from you heart and landed in my eyes
I screamed aloud, as it tore though them and now it's left me blind
The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart

6.   Marianas Trench- "Beside You"
When your tears are spent on your last pretense 
And your tired eyes refuse to close and sleep in you defense.
When it's in your spine like you've walked for miles 
And the only thing you want it just to be still for a while.

7.   Lights- "Pretend"
Once in awhile I act like a child to feel like a kid again
It gets like a prison in the body I'm living in
Cause everyone's watching and quick to start talking, I'm losing my innocence
Wish I were a little girl without the weight of the world

8.   Aqualung and Lucy Schwartz- "Cold"
God and His priests and His kings
All were waiting
All will wait
As they go over

9.   Paramore- "We Are Broken"
I am outside
And I've been waiting for the sun
And with my wide eyes
I've seen worlds that don't belong
My mouth is dry with words I cannot verbalize
Tell me why we live like this

10. Paramore- "Ignorance"
You treat me just like
Another stranger
Well it's nice to meet you sir
I guess I'll go
I best be on my way out

11. Fireflight- "Unbreakable"
Where are the people that accused me?
The ones who beat me down and bruised me
They hide just out of sight
Can't face me in the light
They'll return but I'll be stronger

12. Plumb- "I Can't Do This" 
I'm standing still
I'm oh, so peaceful
I cant pretend, that I'm fine
I get so ill, crazy, agitated
When I've not really died

13. Taylor Swift - "Haunted"
You and I walk a fragile line
I have known it all this time
But, I never thought I'd live to see it break

14. The Civil Wars- "Falling"
Haven't you seen me sleepwalking 'cause I've been holding your hand
Haven't you noticed me drifting
Oh, let me tell you I am

15. Once-"Falling Slowly"
Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You've made it now

  *Whew* These are all great songs, I love them to death. Well, that would be my playlist for the book I'm writing right now. Any specific songs you guys love to listen to while writing?

1 comment:

  1. I love so many of those songs. I also like the new background and title. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete