Tuesday, April 10, 2012

LDS Writer's Blog Fest: Our Savior

  Today I'm going to deviate away from the subject of writing and talk about my faith for a little bit.
  
  I know I'm a bit late when it comes to saying happy easter, but... HAPPY EASTER anyways!!!
  
  But, what is Easter about really? We mostly all think about candy and eggs  and bunnies, but, the true essence of Easter isn't about sweets, it's about our Redeemer and Savior, Jesus Christ.
  
  This past Sunday I had the treat of going to my cousin's ward and be with my family for a little while. Their sacrament meeting consisted of many musical numbers. My family participated in these numbers, but there was one song that my aunt sang that stuck with me. The song was basically talking about how Jesus was like our shepherd, and how we were sheep, and how he guided us and helped us.
  
  To tell you the truth I can't remember the name of it, or much if the tune because it was a fairly new arrangement, but I felt the spirit so strongly when listening to it and this one line hit me, setting tears in my eyes.

   Come under his arm...
   
  Many people don't know about the great sacrifice that he did for all of us. He suffered, he suffered through all of the consequences or our sins, for our wrongdoings. Why would he do this? Why would the most perfect person who ever walked the earth choose to suffer for a world practically flooded with sinners.
  
  Because he loves us.
  
  He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane because he loves us, he died on the cross because he loves us, he did all of this because he loves us, he wants us to return to live with him and our Heavenly Father.
  
  Think about that for a moment.
  
  And so the lyrics, come under his arm, come as no surprise. He wants to comfort us, even if he isn't physically there with you, through his atonement. Through Christ, you can do all things.

  For more info go to this link http://www.lds.org/?lang=eng, or visit the about my faith up there.  
  
  Here's the list of blogs participating in the LDS Writer's Blog Fest, where you can find posts similar to my own:

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful testament of Jesus Christ. So neat that your family could all sing together! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Giselle! Music has always been an important way for me to feel the Spirit, too. Thanks for joining the Blogfest. Good to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing how powerful music can be :) It is amazing that we can improve our testimony just by singing praises to our God :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you! And I love how intimate and loving "come under his arm" sounds. It's a beautiful image. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet another writer through the blogfest! Easter is such a special time, and I especially love the beautiful special music we get to hear at church.

    I've enjoyed looking through your blog, and I'd love for you to come visit us at Mormon Mommy Writers- you might not be a mommy yet, but you're a mormon and a writer, so you might enjoy our ramblings! :-) (www.mormonmommywriters.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great line, come under his arm. I need to remember that one because it just gives warm fuzzies. I always feel the spirit the strongest through music.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, Giselle. Thanks for sharing your testimony. You know, when I think about how much the Savior loves me, I have an easier time seeing others how He sees them and developing true charity for all of Heavenly Father's children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's beautiful. Thank you for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete