Saturday, November 3, 2012

NANO WriMo, Not only do rivers whir, they whir and rush!

  I think we all know what time of year it is....

  NANO WRIMO!!!

  This is my first year trying to be fully dedicated to finishing it, because I attempted last year and... well, I died would be an understatement. I can still hear the pathetic 40 words I wrote, not even worth putting up in the about my writing section, screaming for my attention. Sadly they won't get any.

  But that is besides the point!

  We all know the goal of NANO is to write 50,000 words by the end of the month. I refuse to believe it is just by accident that the NANO eve is Halloween because there is no way I could have gotten my head start on the thing, (5,00 words by the opposed to the normal 1,667) without my Halloween candy keeping me up.

  But 50,000 words is a lot for just a month, at least for me it is. I find myself when describing things, using more words than are necessary to boost up my word count by just that much.

  In fact, did you  know rivers whirred and rushed! Did you know food wasn't just delicious, but scrumptious?! Did you know flowers are pretty but beautiful as well?!

  These are the kinds of these that I can get by with... I know pathetic.

  Anyways, what kinds of strategies do you use to boost your word count, or just fufill the Nanoing goal of writing a book in a month?
 
  

2 comments:

  1. I hope you did well for NanoWrimo!!! i didn't join in the fun this year but still managed to finish a MG novel I'd been working on!!!

    Unedited has love for ya...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've had fun this year! And I'm actually proud of some of the work I've developed. Congratulations of completing your novel!

      Delete