Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Things We Writers do for Our Writing

  I had a wow, this is really strange moment the other day when I typed in to the google word search, "can you eat raw fish?" 

  I'm not very informed on the whole raw vs cooked thing and pathogens and what not. 

  And then I realized, how many times had I looked up very strange random questions like that on Google? The answer is many, many times. I've asked Google questions like how far is the trip by boat from Hawaii to California? Can a person be stabbed by a knife in the stomach and survive? What happens when someone gets blood poisoning? 

  Not the average every day search people put in. 

  We writers do strange things for our writing. I think I've mentioned on here before how I walked barefoot around the forest because I wanted to know what it felt like. I needed better descriptions. As it turns out it is very painful.

  It's also happened that we were having a nice family dinner when someone brought something or another up, and I just got this glassy stare in my eyes, pumped my fist in the air and shouted "Inspiritation!" 

  I've heard stories about people who've taken trips to places like the alps and the jungle to get a better view of the scenery that takes place in their books. 

  It really is crazy.

  What kind of crazy things have you ever done for your writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment