Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls and Discourage

  I haven't blogged in forever... 

  But that changes today! 

  So, as you may see from the title above, this update is about Cinnamon Rolls!... and discourage *sigh* Cinnamon rolls bring me a lot of joy, actually there are some in the oven right now, but there is a reason why I am making cinnamon rolls. 

  I was discouraged. 

  As a writer, it is healthy to be discouraged from time to time. We are human, it's just in our nature. There are days I'm left staring at the screen with a blank look on my face thinking, I am such a terrible writer, why am I even doing this? Who'll read this junk anyway? It's these days that I get discouraged. When I can pin point everything that's flawed in my writing, and then get overwhelmed by the immense amount of work there's really left to do.

  In order to not obsess over the work, the only healthy thing to do is take a break. 

  Walk around, go running, drink some water, don't just sit there and start developing author-itise (a disease I made up in which authors spend too much time on their work, or too little and say their working but really going on facebook)

  And so that is why cinnamon rolls are in my oven. I took a break, something we all need to do if things get overwhelming. 

  Breath in and out, close your laptop, and take a break, because I can assure you, in a few minutes, hours, or days, you'll be itching to get back to work, and as a plus, you can reward yourself with some delicious cinnamon rolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment